Monday, November 30, 2009

Eye Opener: Photo Essay

So I really wasn't sure what to do, and I won't lie I am doing this a little last minute..... but I am very happy with what I got!  I decided to go to all the different areas of my house and find stuff that I am doing to at least make steps towards becoming the most pro-environment I can be!



Starting off in the kitchen... my favorite room :)



There is NO excuse not to recycle! :)


Instead of throwing these containers away I put my thanksgiving leftovers in em'!

The family I nanny for has a chicken coop, so I get organic, free range chicken eggs, fo FREE...pretty sweet I know!

local wild rice, for my chicken wild rice soup.


some Green Beans from the garden, freshly frozen.


Venison, a very healthy alternative to Beef, and processed in my parents garage!

Dawn is definitely not the best dish soap for the environment, but at least we're saving the seals ;)


still not the best, but getting there.


I got all of these cool bottles and candles at Goodwill, finding sweet recycled stuff for the house was what I did all summer!


this is my roommates end table, she took it apart and grouted and tiled it, pretty sweet junking huh?!


our kickass love seat from Salvation Army!
 
we keep it pretty cool in our humble abode, saves on $$$$ and propane.


smoking is a nasty habit, but instead of people tossing them all over our lawn when we have shin digs, they are asked to put them in the fancy shmansy receptacle.


my roommates sweet "Fitger's Growler" design she did for a class, then turned into a little corner decoration.


hang your towels up kids, that way you use the same one for a week or so and save some water. :)





pretty sweet laundry basket from TJ Maxx, made outta old magazines.


you should recycle in your bedroom to, not JUST the kitchen....(those are my roommates plastic water bottles! I promise.)


My mom recycled this bag to me over thanksgiving, can't decide if it's stylin, or not.  What do you think?



pile of clothes waiting to go to Goodwill!

saving plastic,and supporting breast cancer research all right next to my bed :)


represent.


kittens make people happy, and happy people are less likely to do bad things, which is why I think Whitney is environmentally friendly.


an old cloth shower curtain, that I cut in half and turned into curtains for my windows!


some homemade art on the wall in my room.

cabinet I made in High School shop out of solid oak, It will last forever and doesn't have harmful plastics and chemicals in it like cheap store bought ones. (DVD's not environmentally friendly :( )


I use my snowboard to appreciate the white fluffly stuff mother nature makes for me to ride on!

Homemade headwear, thanks for watching folks!


MckLinky Blog Hop



2 comments:

  1. cute stuff! and i would give a thumbs up to your hand-me-down handbag. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Danielle on the bag! Also, loved the photos. Pretty darn good post on limited time!....and cute cat!

    ReplyDelete