Monday, October 26, 2009

Eye Opener: Environmental Working Group

AAAAAAHHHHH!
So I chose to do my evaluation on my foundation.  I use Bareminerals, which is a product of Bare Escentuals. Thinking that I would finally get a good report on something I do in my life, I was so wrong. 
This is how the company describes the product:
"It began with Bare Escentuals' introduction of our bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation. Made from 100% pure bareMinerals it’s free of preservatives, oil, fragrance, talc and other skin irritants. Millions of women who discovered bareMinerals have fallen in love with the look of beautifully bare skin. With bareMinerals, your search for the perfect foundation is over."
 So when I see this description I would have never guessed the results the Environmental Working Group gave me. 
This product contains ingredients that have been linked to Cancer, Developmental and Reproductive Toxicity, Allergens and immunotoxicity, along with a bunch of other crazy problems. 
I am pretty disappointed in how this site is laid out, and I kinda feel like I'm to dumb to actually process everything it says.  But the gist of it is that my foundation, on a scale of 1-10 has a score of 3 for being hazardous for these side effects.  3 might not seem like a big number but I don't know why I would put something with ANY sort of risk on my face.  I will definitely be shopping for some new foundation.
<------ apparently NOT!


Pam

3 comments:

  1. wow! that is surprising, although a 3 isn't too bad compared to some, mine ranked at mostly eights...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you can't put much trust into advertising. I guess not even things advertised as natural aren't as natural as they claim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah now that I see a lot of people are getting 8's I feel a little better, but it goes to show Grandma is always right when she says don't put anything on your skin you wouldn't eat! haha

    ReplyDelete