Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Eco Chic Lifestyle Change: Week Ten, Overall Reflection

My SMART Goal




My SMART goal for the past week of the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change project was:
"I will not eat any red meat for the week (7 days.)"



Successes & Challenges
So this weekend was Lutsen and Spirit Mt. opener, and since I really don't know a lot of girl snowboarders I go with my guy friends, there is maybe like 1 or 2 of them that actually care about the food that they eat.  The majority of them live off of Chinese take out, Ramen, and Jack's Pizzas.... pretty disgusting ha.  So me and 5 of my guy friends went up Friday night to Lutsen Mt.'s and had a little pre-season celebration in our condo, I think we went through about 4 frozen pizzas and 3 cases of beer.  Every weekend I spend with these guys I feel more and more like a man, and the shred season has only just begun.  It makes it really hard to follow my SMART goal when you're 
     a) low on groceries
     b) hanging out with people who eat REALLY unhealthy
     c) traveling
So I know over the weekend I had a couple slices of cheap pepperoni pizza, and then I had a venison burger on Sunday for dinner.


Feelings 

      I am disappointed in myself for not reaching my goal of eating no red meat for the week.  Although pertaining to the venison I feel okay about that.  For the future I would like to minimize "store bought meat" as much as possible, but stuff like venison and elk that has came from my family's hunting isn't necessarily unhealthy in moderation. 
What I Learned
How well I do when I at home or working, but then how all my previous ideas about how eating plans go out the window during the weekend and when I am traveling.

Plans for LIFE!
I may not be completely semi-vegetarian yet, and I may never be in my life.   But the more and more I learn about the negative effects of the cattle industry, the disadvantages of store bought red meat and how it effects health, the easier it has to become.  The more educated I become the more conscious the decisions are that I make about my food choices, and in turn feel more confident and healthy about what I am eating.  I am glad that I chose this SMART goal because it is something that I will continue for my entire life.

Pam :)
Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 10 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, don't feel too bad. It's hard to stick to a certain diet when traveling and life get in the way! Just think of all the meat you didn't eat this entire semester!

    ReplyDelete