Thursday, September 24, 2009

Reflections Post: Weeks 1 & 2

As the first few weeks are winding down it feels nice to get caught up with everything that has been going on!   I have to say that out of the all the classes I am taking this is probably going to be my favorite.  The first class was very interesting and a lot more powerful than anything I had expected.  Without  preconceived notions about this class I can't say that I ever thought it would be this interesting.  That probably has something to do with the fact I am a business major though, and haven't really been exposed to this kinda of stuff (academically anyways.)
          I have always been moderately environmentally conscious,  growing up my dad is kind of an old hippie and we always recycled and planted tree around the town.  Living in a small community makes it a lot easier to see the effects people have on their surroundings.  If your neighbor has garbage in their lawn, its their garbage.  If you have cigarette butts all over your front porch they are yours.  Everyone knows everything you do to the around the community.  This also goes for the positive like, picking garbage out of ditches, having a leaf raking day, all sorts of stuff like that.  The main people who are responsible for keeping small communities like ours were the people living there, not city employed people.
         Being that all my classes are with mostly business majors it is so exciting to see all of you taking up classes about different types and industries in health.  I am very excited to take a lot of stuff away from this class.  The Read N' Seed should be very cool to.  Reading is definitely a pass time of mine and the fact that I get to pick the book for the subject makes it even better.  I chose Exposed,  by Mark Schapiro.  The fact that I am required to read a book I would normally not read but is also interesting to me just goes to show how many doors this class will open my mind and perception of the information around me and what I will choose to learn in the future.
         Sometime next month is my snack and I have been thinking VERY hard on what I want to bring!  I am really excited to try something new every week with all of you.  Well I'm going to wrap it up now.  So until the next class.

Pam

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pam! I think it's so cool you're taking this class, even though you're in mostly business classes. It must be a nice change of pace! I'm super excited about the read 'n' seed too! My book is called "The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight". It's a pretty intense read and I think it will end up changing my perspective on earth as a whole! Also, I'm already pumped to bring a snack as well! See you in class :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad to have you in class, Pam. We love having other majors join us and adding to class discussions. This is a fabulous reflection post!! I look forward to your book posts and to your upcoming snack!

    ReplyDelete