Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Eco Chic Lifestyle Change: Week Six

My SMART Goal




My SMART goal for the past week of the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change project was:
"I will eat only 1 serving (1 serving=4 oz.) of red meat per week (seven days)"

Successes & Challenges
So this week decided I would wait until towards the end of the week to eat my serving of red meat for the week, or at least til' an opportunity arose.  Saturday I decided to go to Palisade because it was absolutely GORGEOUS on Saturday.  We stayed at my friends cabin outside of Silver Bay.  We decided to grill some cheeseburgers, and they were sooooo good.  So then Sunday my friend invited me over for dinner.  I asked her what she was making and she said chicken alfredo.  I told her oh perfect, because I can't eat red meat anymore this week.  I get there and she had decided to put BACON in the alfredo as well.  When I told her I wasn't supposed to have red meat, her response was " Pork is red meat?' lol.  So I ate it anyways, there wasn't too much bacon so I wouldn't count it as a full serving, but I still at more than 4 oz. in one week I'm sure.

Feelings

Kinda bummed I missed my goal again this week.  But I did not deliberately choose to eat the alfredo like I did the burger.  I felt more obligated to eat the alfredo since she had made it for me.

What I Learned
Not everyone around me is as of aware as their food and the process that actually goes in to making it.  Not all of my friends care what goes into their body, and it is my job to start educating them. :)


Plans for Next Week

For this upcoming week, I am keeping my SMART goal the same:
"I will eat only 1 serving (1 serving=4 oz.), or less, of red meat per week (7 days.)"

Pam. 

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 6 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy

A couple buddies and I hiking by a "secret spot" at Palisade Head on Lake Superior

 

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty picture, was that just this past Saturday? Sounds like you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the "What did you learn?" part? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean by the feeling obligated to eat it part! That always sucks when it comes to this project because I hate telling people no when they cook for me!

    ReplyDelete