Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Eco Chic Lifestyle Change: Week Five


My SMART Goal



My SMART goal for the past week of the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change project was:
"I will eat only 1 serving (1 serving=4 oz.) of red meat per week (seven days)"

Successes & Challenges

I have been doing SO good.... up until this week. 

For my serving of the week I chose to get a Spicy Italian Sub at Subway.  I got a six inch.  It was delicious.  I hadn't had one in like months, and its always been my favorite.  Then a few days later I went out to eat with my roommates.  We went to Grandma's in Canal.  I was being a very good SMART Goal follower and order a buffalo chicken wrap.  My roommate ordered a Steak Cheese French, which if none of you have ever had its super good (if you like salty, greasy, cheesy stuff every once in awhile!)  So we got our food and my roommate decided she wasn't in the mood for steak.  She wanted to switch, I couldn't resist!
Feelings

I am pretty disappointed in myself that I didn't achieve my smart goal this week.  Lately I have been feeling much healthier eating mostly poultry and fish. 

What I Learned
I usually eat my serving of red meat like A.S.A.P. in the week.  For the following weeks I am not going to make it a plan to eat red meat.  I will wait for an opportunity to arise and if I don't eat any at all during the week, that's okay!
Plans for Next Week

For this upcoming week, I am keeping my SMART goal the same:
"I will eat only 1 serving (1 serving=4 oz.), or less, of red meat per week (7 days.)"

Pam. 

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 5 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy

2 comments:

  1. You've done so well with your goal all this time Pam, so don't get down on yourself! If it makes you feel any better, I was eating a sausage and pepperoni pizza while I read your post...maybe it's time to switch to cheese haha! Also, that's a great idea to just wait for an opportunity to arise. I think that will help make your goal more achievable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I agree, waiting until an opportunity arises is a good idea, I should probably try that too.

    ReplyDelete