Monday, October 5, 2009

Eye Opener:Ecological Footprints

After taking the Ecological Footprints Quiz on http://www.myfootprint.org/ my results were that it would take 3.6 earths if everyone on earth lived like me....
      That is a HUGE eye opener, I thought I did my part by recycling most stuff, taking less showers (or at least shorter ones,) and apparently this is not enough.  I feel as though kinda riding the fence between being eco-friendly and being non conscious about anything is just not enough!  Everything that we do from using chemicals to overeating is effecting the earth!  So I hope to learn a lot over this course!

2 comments:

  1. agreed! my results were much like yours. I didn't feel like I was THAT bad, but I had about the same results as you. Definitely an interesting and eye opening activity. It really is scary when you think about how many chemicals we get exposed to everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like any little thing I might do to help the environment in a day (like walking to school, or turning off the lights at my house) is completely counteracted by all the other things I do like drive to work, and eat meat and buy processed food! Being eco-friendly is gonna be a really tough balance! I hope I learn a lot too this semester!

    ReplyDelete